Friday, March 7, 2014

decisions.

many people have asked me lately why i decided to join the donor registry. i guess i have never really thought about why i joined. honestly, i saw robin roberts talk about her diagnosis and that is how i learned about be the match in the first place. after hearing her story and realizing that there are many individuals that do not have matches within their families, i decided to join the registry.

usually i am pretty terrible about making decisions. when someone asks me what i want to do...i tend to say "eh, i don't know" or "i don't care, you chose"...so indecisive. but this decision was an easy one for me to make.

i guess i joined because if i were in need of a bone marrow transplant i would only hope others would be willing to donate to me. so, this made my decision that much easier. signed up online, got my kit in the mail, swabbed my cheek, and sent it back. done.

another reason i joined is because i am very passionate about oncology. recently i completed my pediatrics and oncology clinical rotation and loved it. i'm pretty sure i first fell in love with this field because my aunt is a pediatric oncology nurse...which is my dream job. a lot of people usually respond with "wow, that's going to be tough and kinda depressing". i usually just tell them that if i can put a smile on my patient's face or make one day of their hospital stay a little better...then what is so sad and depressing about that?

well, that's all i've got for tonight.

xoxo

ps. i don't proof read any of my blogs...these are just all my thoughts poured out. sorry for any grammar or punctuation errors :)

No comments:

Post a Comment